
The month of July brought 2 amazing baby shower and lots of family and friends. The first was in Katy and I was blown away with how many people came and how much Luke and I got! Everything was perfect!
A couple of weeks later, my sweet friends, Alisha and Vanessa, had another shower for me in McKinney. It too, was perfect!! My mom, aunts, and mother in law came and we all had a great time together! They also helped me put the finishing touches on Luke's nursery.
That brings us to August. All my Dr appointments have been going great. I have been feeling awesome and trying to stay active. This last Dr appointment, things changed a little bit. We had an ultrasound and got to see Luke one more time. He looks pretty squished in there! He was measuring 7 pounds 15 oz...so basically 8 pounds already! I am not too surprised, though- he has been measuring big since the very first ultrasound. We decided that we will induce on September 1st, if he doesn't decide to come on his own before then. Everything looked great, except my blood pressure was pretty high. She sent me to labor and delivery to get monitored and to run some blood tests. It made things feel very real! I have never had to wear a hospital gown or the little ID bracelet! We were there for about 4 hours. During that time, my blood pressure went back to normal and the blood test came back perfect. My Dr decided to put me on bed rest, though. It has been extremely hard for me! It is so weird to think that Luke will be here so soon. I know I should enjoy this down time, because once he is here, I won't have many lazy day opportunities!
No comments:
Post a Comment