I decided to start a blog because I love reading other people's, and now I feel like I have something to actually blog when we got the good news on December 30, 2009!
I had been feeling kind of "different" and had this feeling (and was hoping) it was because I was pregnant. I hadn't been sleeping too well, among other things, so I got up early on that morning and took a pregnancy test before Adam woke up. It showed up positive within 30 seconds and I began to freak out. I just kept saying "oh my gosh" over and over and I couldn't wait until Adam woke up. It was so hard not rushing in there to wake him up and tell him the news. I knew that he would be happy, but waking him up with life-changing news probably wasn't the best way to tell him. So, I came up with my plan. He is spoiled and I bring him breakfast every morning. He has been on a toaster strudel (I know, hes 5) kick lately, which was perfect. I always write something on the toaster strudel with the icing (cheesy, I know) and he jokingly gets on to me if I repeat something or if it's not creative enough. I knew nothing would top this day! So, when he finally woke up, I went into the bedroom to say hi, all the while holding back my excitement and huge secret. I went back into the kitchen to make his breakfast and wrote "I am prego" (thats all I could fit) on the toaster strudels. I brought him his plate and waited for a reaction. He read it and then said "Shut up, no our not!" and then I fell on him crying with tears of joy. I am actually tearing up right now as I write this...wow. So anyway, we are more than excited and are looking forward to this journey. My first appointment is on January 20th, which I am already having mixed emotions about. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am terrified of needles and blood. This is going to be fun, poor Adam! We are waiting to tell our parents until we seen them in person, which is killing me! Every time I talk to my mom, I just want to tell her so bad!!
Its amazing how God has been working in our lives. On that same day, we got the news that the house we had "bought" had been sold. We had put a lot into this house and thought this is where we would live when we began our family. Needless to say, we were upset to hear the news that it would not be ours afterall. It has been a crazy past few months with thinking that our house sold only to be disappointed when it fell through due to the buyer not being approved. In the end, though, I know it is all in God's hands. One day we are going to look back and see His hand in all of this and realize what a perfect plan he has for all of us. We have been praying about this for months and find comfort in knowing that this is God working. It's so hard to see it at the time, but looking back on my life, some of the more disappointing times are the times where God was working the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment